Skip to main content

At what level am I able to take the Specialty Certificate Examination?

Specialty certificate examinations

There are no restrictions on taking the SCEs, however UK trainees would usually take it during their penultimate year of higher specialist training and international candidates are advised to take the SCE at a similar or later point in their training/career. You must hold a M.D or MBBS degree before attempting a SCE exam. You do not need to have sat any MRCP(UK) examinations prior to taking an SCE.

Please see your Specialty page for further information.